If you’ve been following our blog for very long, you’ve seen us mention maintenance tune-ups before. These are an essential part of keeping your air conditioner operating as efficiently and effectively as possible, for as long as possible. A well-maintained air conditioner will last 10-15 years, have reduced repair needs, and work way more efficiently than it would have been able to without maintenance.
Of course, you might have some questions about this service, including what’s included and whether it’s really necessary. We’ll answer these questions below. Read on!
What Is Included in an AC Tune-Up?
An AC “tune-up” refers to making proper adjustments and cleaning the components that need it so that your air conditioner operates as effectively and efficiently as it should. Different HVAC contractors will have different steps they take in their tune-ups, but this is a general guide to what’s included:
- We check the condenser and evaporator coils to make sure they are unobstructed, clean, and able to both absorb and release heat.
- We check on the refrigerant level to ensure you’re not experiencing a refrigerant leak. This can cause a number of problems for the cooling system.
- We check on all electrical connections and tighten them where needed.
- We clean the condensate pan and drain, so moisture from the evaporator coils doesn’t overflow into your system.
- We clean and lubricate the fan and compressor motors to prevent mechanical stress that can lead to overheating and breakdowns.
- We check that the thermostat is reading the temperature correctly, and recalibrate it when it’s not.
- We replace or clean the air filter if needed. You should be doing this on your own every 1-3 months, but we still check on it just in case!
This is a brief overview of what happens during a tune-up from our team. Please don’t hesitate to reach out for a more comprehensive list.
Is a Tune-Up Included in a Maintenance Plan?
Yes! Your tune-up is included in our maintenance plan. Ask us about our Metro Atlanta HVAC VIP Club. Our maintenance plan leaves you with long-lasting equipment, efficient system performance, reduced repair needs, peace of mind, and much more. Plus, you get 24-hour priority scheduling for your convenience, and a lifetime guarantee on repairs.
How Much Will a Tune-Up Cost?
Ask us about prices! We’re happy to give you an estimate. A tune-up may cost more or less depending on if any other services are needed, such as repairs. A tune-up from our team will actually help you save money, too. Our Metro Atlanta HVAC VIP Club grants members a waived diagnostic fee, a 20% discount on repairs, and standard filter replacements at no charge.
Contact Our Pros for Your Tune-Up
Dayco Systems is a multi-generational company, with years of experience serving the heating, cooling, indoor air quality, and home performance needs of residential buildings and businesses throughout Acworth and beyond. We are ready to welcome you to be part of the family by signing up for our VIP Club Maintenance Plan!