February is considered the “season of love” for many. But we don’t want to talk about your significant other or lack thereof. We’d rather talk about the love you have for your home!
What’s that? You don’t love your home so much? Let us guess, it’s because it’s not as comfortable or as healthy as it could be. That’s a bummer! But it doesn’t have to be your reality forever. In fact, we encourage you to take a look at how you can improve your indoor air quality ASAP and start breathing healthier.
One way? With the APCO-X whole-house air treatment system! Read on to learn more.
Why Choose a Whole-House Air Treatment System?
A question that many homeowners ask is, “doesn’t my HVAC air filter clean my indoor air?”
This is a fairly common misconception. This air filter certainly doesn’t hurt your indoor air quality, but it doesn’t do much to help it either, because that’s not the purpose of this air filter. The HVAC air filter is in place to protect the HVAC system itself from dirt, dust, and other debris that can infiltrate the system and hurt the components.
This air filter does need to be changed every 1-3 months, and changing it will help it draw allergens and other particles out of the air, but if you really want true results, you’ll want to consider a whole-house air filtration system or whole-house air purifier, and that’s where the APCO-X comes in.
The APCO-X Whole-House Air Purifier
The APCO-X whole-house air purifier, or air treatment system, uses UV technology to significantly reduce mold, bacteria, viruses, and allergens. The new APCO-X is 33% more effective than previous models in laboratory tests and uses EverCarbon™ cells with proprietary antimicrobial nanotechnology. Other benefits include:
- V-Twin element with over 65% more effective carbon surface area.
- 3-year UV-C lamp.
- LED status and lamp fault indicator.
- Translucent polycarbonate housing. Face-plate rotates for vertical or horizontal installation.
The Many Benefits of Whole-House Air Purification
After reading all this if you’re still not convinced that a whole-house air treatment system like the APCO-X is right for you, consider this:
- Whole-House Systems are Cost-Efficient: When you consider the alternative is portable air purifiers with no guarantees of eliminating much else than dust from the room they’re in, then you can see that a whole-house system is clearly a better choice.
- Whole-House Air Treatment is Convenient: The APCO-X air purifier can be installed directly into your HVAC system or ductwork. If you forgo this for portable systems, you have to have multiple portable systems placed around your home. Each of these systems have to be maintained and cared for, and still won’t give you the results that a whole-house system will.
Whole-House Systems Extend HVAC Equipment Life: We mentioned how the HVAC air filter is in place to protect the HVAC system. But installing a whole-house air purifier gives it extra protection, preventing things like contaminants and humidity from damaging the system and causing increased wear and tear on your HVAC equipment.